Winchester Center is a wonderful place to meet new people, spend time with friends from years gone by, pursue new or favorite interests, share a talent or special interest, or make a difference in someone else's life. With Free WiFi and computer lab, the Center is a friendly and convenient place to connect with those who are far away as well as those who are here.
Winchester Center offers a variety of opportunities whether you are a:
- young adult wanting to make a difference through volunteer opportunities
- someone looking for a fitness class
- retired and looking for activities and programs to stay healthy and independent
- in need of resources to lead a healthier life
- looking for services for a friend or relative
Health, Fitness, and Wellness
Senior Nutrition Program
By contract, Area Five Agency on Aging and Community Services operates a congregate meal site at the Winchester Senior Center.
Meals are served Monday – Friday at 11:00 a.m. and are available on a donation basis to persons 60 years of age or older.
Reservations must be made by Noon the day before. Call 260.563.4475 and ask for the kitchen to make a reservation.
Low Impact Fitness
Led by former Physical Education teacher Mary Jo McClelland, the class combines aerobic and flexibility exercises appropriate for the senior.
Classes are approximately 45 minutes long and are held on Mondays and Thursdays at 9:45am and Wednesdays at 3pm. There is no cost to attend.
- Foot Care is offered each Wednesday by appointment. Cost is $20 per person.
- Blood Pressure Checks are offered the first Monday of each month and the second and fourth Tuesday of each month.
- Free eyeglass adjustments are offered on the third Monday of each month.
- Medicare counseling is offered through the State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) counselors on the first Thursday and third Tuesday of each month by appointment.
Special Events and Celebrations
- Monthly birthday party – second Thursday of each month.
- Holiday celebrations
- Sunday afternoon concerts
- Our Town
See our Monthly Calendar on the Events tab.
In accordance with federal law, this organization is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.