Volunteer and Make a Difference!
We will work with you to match your skills and interests with a variety of activities and needs. The hours are flexible and we will work with you to work around your schedule. Try undertaking an on-going assignment while others contribute on a short term or occasional basis.
With new volunteers, programming and services can be expanded.
Call 260-563-4475 to schedule a visit.
Find Your Niche at Winchester Center
Join the team at the Winchester Center in Wabash, Indiana and use your lifetime of experience, skills and talents to make a difference in the lives of people of all ages in our county.
For many young seniors, “empty nests” and retirement are an opportunity for active civic engagement to make a contribution to others. Living Well in Wabash County invites you to work with us to customize a volunteer opportunity which utilizes your time, interest and talents. Flexibility is often a consideration and we can work with you to accommodate projects done from home as well as in the “off hours”.
At Winchester Center, the possibilities are as numerous as the talents you have to offer. Some examples may be:
- Lead and implement important programs and services such as operation of the Community Cupboard, and the Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP).
- Assist with existing programming, activities and special events
- Create a new program or service
- Take on short-term projects
- Help on an as-needed basis
Do you have any of the following?
- Heart for helping others
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to teach
- Management skills
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Handyman around the Center
Then YOU can make a difference by volunteering!
Call 260-563-4475 and ask for the volunteer coordinator..
In accordance with federal law, this organization is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.