Seniors Make a Difference
Volunteer and Make a Difference!
Find Your Niche at The Dallas L. Winchester Senior Center
Join the team at the Dallas L. Winchester Senior Center in Wabash, Indiana and use your lifetime of experience, skills and talents to make a difference in the lives of people of all ages in our county.
The programs and services of the Wabash County Council on Aging, Inc. touch the lives of many age groups, including seniors. From public transit to our food pantry, all ages, all education levels and all income groups are served in one way or another.
For many young seniors and Baby Boomers, “empty nests” and retirement are often a time of more active civic engagement to make a contribution to others. Living Well in Wabash County invites you to work with us to customize a volunteer opportunity which utilizes your time, interest and talents. Flexibility is often a consideration and we can work with you to accommodate projects done from home as well as in the “off hours”.
At the Dallas L. Winchester Senior Center, the possibilities are as numerous as the talents you have to offer. Some examples may be:
- Lead and implement important programs and services such as operation of the Community Cupboard, Prescription Assistance Program, and the Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP).
- Assist with existing programming, activities and special events
- Create a new program or service
- Take on short-term projects
- Help on an as-needed basis
Do you have any of the following?
- Heart for helping others
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to teach
- Management skills
- Excellent interviewing skills
Then YOU can make a difference by volunteering!
Call 260-563-4475 and ask for Susan.