Fostering Senior Independence
What is Living Well in Wabash County CoA, Inc.?
Established in 1974, this local not-for-profit has worked to foster independence by meeting the needs of the Wabash County residents, age 60 and over. Transportation, information and referral, senior activities and food distribution have been, and continue to be, integral parts of Living Well in Wabash County.
In these ways, Living Well in Wabash County is achieving its mission: to assist the citizens of Wabash County in meeting their social, physical, economic and mobility needs with an emphasis on persons of age 60 and over.
- The Senior Center provides a variety of activities, services and opportunities for life-long learning to Wabash County residents.
- Wabash County Public Transit provides public transportation to the County's residents of all ages.
- “Seniors Make a Difference” provides custom designed civic engagement opportunities which help others, young and old by matching seniors' time and expertise with local needs.
- The Community Cupboard serves people of all ages in the County based on need.
- Senior Transitions provides a licensed social worker to assist older adults and their families as changes occur in their lives.
Living Well in Wabash County CoA, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Wabash County Public Transit and the Winchester Senior Center are United Fund programs.